Sunday, September 07, 2008

 

The Boink Factor

Like everywhere else in our country, the library has been abuzz with talk of Sarah Palin. Since I work in a community that has both liberals and progressives in hearty numbers(progressives have their own party in Vermont so that they don't have to be mistaken for liberals), the response to her candidacy is less than reverent.

JoAnn came to the circ desk the day after the announcement, and after we discussed the fate of this year's tomato plants, the conversation shifted to Sarah.

"You know, I think I see a connection between the Oscars and the old men in the Republican Party," she told me.

I looked at her blankly and she continued. "You know those old guys in the studios who still vote for Best Actress? One of my friends in the Academy told me that they generally vote for the actress they'd most want to... to.." (This was a public place, after all).

"Boink?" I asked quietly.

"Yes!" she flashed her dimple. "You know, the Republican Party is 70 per cent men,lots of them old, so it figures that they'd use a scale like the old guys in Hollywood. That's probably why they chose Palin."

(Here once followed a variety of geezer fantasies that I have deleted, since they gross me out, and I can only assume that they would do the same to readers.)

You get the idea.

Comments:
My word.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Blog-O-Cuss Meter - Do you cuss a lot in your blog or website?